BRB after I finish binge watching all 37 available episodes
So, I’ve finally got around to watching the first episode of Food Wars (it only took me three months of having a sticky note on my laptop staring menacingly at me…). Here’s 27 (probably incohesive) thoughts I had while watching it:
- What’s this??? I already like it. Count me IN
- What actually are these sound effects?
- This FOOD. LOOKS. SO. GOOD.
- A cooking battle??? I’M HERE FOR IT
- THAT’S his dad??? BRB I’m gonna go pray to every god I know in the hopes that I can look that good at 38 or even 28 – I don’t really mind!
- Chibi style too? What did I do in my life to deserve this goodness???!!!
- This sacrificial/spooky/religious music? I can get behind this.
And that depressed AF face? RelatABLE!
Also, good on Mayu for being so supportive!
- This dark music is SO DRAMATIC
- Honestly why is tasting food so dramatic? Do people actually have these experiences in real life?
- Wow… Competitive much?
- I’d just like to take a moment to ask… Is he okay? I’m slightly concerned…
- Have we found… our anime antagonists?
- Okay… that’s just LOW. Also, again, this music is so dramatic!
- Is she actually insane? I mean seriously. This is an actual serious question.
- Melodrama seems to be the main theme of this show. I mean… you know, aside from cooking…
- When you casually carry around your headgear and apron… Because getting ready to defend your restaurant and dignity from land sharks is an everyday occurrence…
Half-way through the episode remarks:
– Okay seriously who is the composer? These sound effects and music are FLAWLESS
– I’m slightly disturbed by the way people react to tasting the food…
– Also everything is so dramatic but then again, I’m melodramatic too so I can’t *really* judge
– I’m so ready for the next part of the episode. I live for drama.
- Damn… those knife skills…
- Okay it’s actual meat. Right, so no cannibalism in this show. Gotcha.
- Ooh I’m getting an analysis of what he did? I like this!
- These reactions… These business negotiation skills…
I’m feeling like maybe if I wasn’t vegetarian I’d have more of an appreciation for their reaction to the dish?
- My precious little boy. I WILL PROTECT HIM.
- Saw it coming (since I read the synopsis) but still… WOW. Way to break it gently!
- I’m loving their father-son relationship
- What’s this? Is that an angsty, relatable teen I see?
- No dad. You failed to mention that part.
- They all look so happy! I approve of this!
My main take-away from this episode:
– This anime seems to be everything that I ever wanted but didn’t know that I needed rolled into one! I’ll definitely continue to watch!