Thank-you for Merlin’s Musings for nominating me for this! If you haven’t checked out Merlin’s blog yet, then you definitely need to! He does some awesome reviews about loads of different topics and also shares some advice too 🙂
The Rules™ for this tag are:
– Thank the Person who nominated you and link back to their blog
– Answer the questions sent to you
– Nominate around 10 bloggers
– Create your own set of questions for your nominees and display the rules
And so here are my answers!
- How did you come up with your blogging name?
To be honest I don’t really know how. I started my blog last year in October so I was probably in a Halloween mood (though I’m always in a Halloween mood) and I have red hair so it just sort of happened…
- What do you love most about blogging?
I like when I manage to get to talk to other bloggers! Everyone’s always so nice and interesting to talk to 🙂
- What do you hate most about blogging?
Hmm I don’t think there’s anything I really hate… But I suppose I feel like I’ve ended up sort of sticking to a ‘branding’ so to say…
But I’ve started to not post daily (because life) and this has actually been good for me because I know that there’s nothing really anything ‘expected’ of me. It’s my choice about what I want to badly write about or scream about incoherently. So if I don’t post, I don’t post. What I want to write about, I can write about (though obviously I wouldn’t post anything disrespectful, but you know what I mean when I say ‘I can write about anything I want!’ There are certain boundaries I’m not willing to cross)
I also have been wanting to start doing some stuff about movies and more TV series that don’t really ‘fit’ with what I post about at the moment so I’ve been a bit scared about adding them in. But as I said, I know that I can choose what I want to post so I need to just start doing it!
- Do you have some favourite blogs to recommend?
I have been pretty dodgy lately with keeping up with reading blog posts, and there’s so many bloggers I follow with awesome blogs so this is super hard to answer! So I’m just going to put down some of the blogs I follow that I love to read (that sounds bad, because that doesn’t mean I don’t like reading other people’s blogs… These are just ones that I find I can always engage with or be interested in or I like how they write/review. Wait, does that also sounds kind of bad? I follow over 350 blogs so I don’t get to read everything so it’s just more that I don’t have enough time to read it all so I’m struggling to narrow it down to only a few blogs to put down here since there’s way too many great ones. It does’t mean that not that I don’t love you. I appreciate you and that’s what I’m trying to say! You’re doing great!)
– Matt in a Hat
– It’s An Anime Thing
– Two Happy Cats
- Do you have one or three personal favourite posts you’ve written?
Ooh okay this is hard. I’d have to say that my favourites are…
– 12 Reasons why Sailor Moon is Amazing: Regarding Sexuality and Gender
Equality’s a really important thing for me. So anything where there’s inclusivity is a big yes from me (so long as it’s not problematic because I’ve seen some… interesting… takes on ‘equality’ before). I also like Sailor Moon and its normalisation of queer couples and characters who aren’t cisgendered. And this is something I really admire about the series 🙂
– 6 of the Greatest Feminist Studio Ghibli Films
As I said before, equality is something I value quite a lot. And one of my favourite things about Ghibli movies is their realistic portrayal of its females characters. All their female characters are unique, independent and amazing ladies
– Angel’s Egg: Thoughts on 4 Key Aspects of this Film
I like this one because it’s actually the first (and only) analysis I’ve done on my blog. I’d like to do more analyses and reviewy things though in the future! So it was a good post for me to write to realise that if I wanted to I could do this and it not be terrible! I’m actually pretty happy with how it turned out 🙂
And here are my questions:
1. How did you come up with your blogging name? (Again, stealing the question… It’s a good one!)
2. If you had to change your username and/or blog name, what would you change it to?
3. What is one thing you’d like to post about on your blog that you haven’t yet? (A certain show, type of format etc.)
4. What first got you into blogging?
5. What was the latest blog you’ve followed?
Thanks for reading! Hope you guys are having a good day! ❤