Yes I am aware that I am months behind on this.
I will keep this nice and short because we already know that this movie is amazing. So instead I will just give a brief, unacademic list of what I loved about it.
– It’s so funny.
– The costumes are absolutely stunning. And all the different styles are great to see!
– The acting is just great. And I got so excited to see all the actors and actresses I knew up on the screen being awesome.
– Did I mention it was funny?
– I love Awkwafina. Her character was hilarious.
– Representation is always great.
– I loved all the sets. Everything was so cool to watch!
– Nico Santos and Awkwafina played my favourite characters in this movie.
– DiD i mENTioN iT waS fUNny???
– I loved watching the characters varied interactions. Some of them where so heart warming, some funny, some manipulative, some sad and overall just a mix of varied, yet realistic emotional responses, that people come across throughout their life.
– It had actually some very nice messages. Especially about identity, and also I thought about family and pursuing one’s own interests, passions and life. It was interesting to watch the cultural differences Rachel had to navigate too as a Chinese-American woman when she was meeting Nick’s family.